Intellectual Property (IP)
- Trade secrets
- Web sites
- Customer database
- Social media accounts
The Act that made it all possible.
“Today, President Obama signed the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 (“DTSA”) into law, bringing trade secrets alongside trademarks, copyrights and patents as intellectual property rights protected under federal law.” May 23, 2016.
Intellectual property refers to intangible creations of human intellect. In most businesses, these have never been recognized or valued. This includes such overlooked assets as web sites, copyrights, trade secrets, etc. We will recognize them, value them, and place them where they won’t be subject to a seizure by a hostile actor.
- We will use intellectual property for tax savings
- We will use intellectual property to protect vital business assets
- We will use intellectual property for greater maneuverability.
- We will identify your intellectual property
- We will formally recognize your intellectual property
- We will move intellectual property from risky operating entities to safer property holding entities'
- We will document intellectual property.
- We will value intellectual property.
- We will establish royalty rates.
The goal is, even if you lose a tremendous lawsuit, you will be able to open up the next day with all your vital assets in place without missing a beat. This is also a great estate planning tool & a great tax planning tool.